Re: Tim, äh Tom, äh Tym, Tum, Tam, Tem (in Germany also possible: Täm Töm Tüm...)

From: Larry Caldwell (larryc@teleport.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:10:11 -0800

Thu, 16 Jan 1997 hello-yarners@see.my.sig (Tim Maddletun) wrote:

> =E4h your umlat point is very good, i hadn't thought of that. <-: I mus=
> see about all these accents. (they show up fine in Yarn message
> viewer, but don't show up in the Subject listing overview... hmm).

They show up fine in the subject listing here. Yarn 0.91 w/ISO-8859-1=20
enabled.

Oops. I spoke too soon. Your *incoming* email subject overview
displayed the umlauts properly, but the subject listing in (R)eplies=20
did not. Strange.

I don't know what my email looks like to Americans using ascii, but I
find ISO-8859-1 to be a better choice for usenet. I'm not really
fluent in several languages, but I can usually decipher Deutsch,
Norsk and Espa=F1ol. I don't have to guess at characters.

-- Larry