Re: Tim, äh Tom, äh Tym, Tum, Tam, Tem (in Germany also possible: Täm Töm Tüm...)

From: Hardy Griech (rgriech@ibm.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:02:54 +0100

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 22:45:19 -0500,
hello-yarners@see.my.sig (Tim Maddletun) wrote:
:
> I figure if anyone REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to email me that bad
> they can go snoop my web page if all else fails <G> I know... it's
> very inconvenient of me...
:

Ah, that's a hole in your anti-spammer-system! They have to construct
a simple robot which scans all web pages for email addresses and then
they will get you again...

> =E4h your umlat point is very good, i hadn't thought of that. <-: I mus=
> see about all these accents. (they show up fine in Yarn message
> viewer, but don't show up in the Subject listing overview... hmm).
:

For me it is showing up correct (code page 850)...

> And speaking of multi-lingual ignorance, is "deutsche" german for
> "german"? For the new incarnation of bells2.html, i'm trying to find
:

Huuh, complicated. No it is 'deutsch' (without the 'e'). An URL to a
german site could be named e.g. 'Deutsche Seite mit Tips und Tricks
f=FCr Yarn' ('german page with tips&tricks for Yarn') - there we have
the 'e' again (how is that transformation called? Inclination,
declination,...). If you like to, i will try to assist you in
english->german translation...

--=20
Hardy Griech, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 25/1, D-72762 Reutlingen