Re: Announcements and so forth

From: Richard Steiner (rsteiner@skypoint.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 00:54:46 -0600

Here in list.yarn, hello-yarners@see.my.sig (Tim Moddletan)
spake unto us, saying:

>You think lynx/2 has better table support than 2.6FM???

Yes, in many cases. The version at his web site has it:

http://www.cris.com/~Djd/products.html

The thing I like about the interrim version he has at his web site is
the fact that it aligns tables to fixed tab points rather than just
glopping them all together like 2.6FM does. It lends some structure,
when it works. :-)

>Oh, I wish Derek would take his excellent patchs and apply them to
>2.6FM!!

I'd be willing to feed him a few $$ to give him incentive, but I suspect
he has other legitimate items on his plate (you know, the kind that pay
him <g>).

>That 2.4.1 code he has Lynx/2 based on is hopeless (though of course
>much better than nothing... glad to have an OS/2 port of any version)...
>can't even use arrow keys when editing input lines... sigh. No frames
>support. No USEMAP (client side image maps) support. Mo mode to load
>all images as links... etc etc...

Very true. But still, it beats no version of Lynx at all, and it is
really *quite* useful yet as is. :-)

Perhaps we should address the issue of an emx port of Lynx 2.6FM in a
forum where a lot of others who've done emx ports congregate...?

--
-Rich Steiner  >>>--->  rsteiner@skypoint.com  >>>---> Bloomington, MN
      Written offline using PC Yarn + Yep + FTE under OS/2 Warp 4