Re: Announcements and so forth

From: Richard Steiner (rsteiner@skypoint.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:04:18 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Tim Myddletyn wrote:

> Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:00:04 -0600, rsteiner@skypoint.com (Richard Steiner) wrote:
> >I'll agree with this! I have a 486 here as well as a PPro, but I still
> >use Lynx/2 as my main browser (even with Netscape/2 available).
>
> The irony is that I myself am also a heavy lynx user! I hardly ever
> use a graphical browser. Too slow. ... too slow to run, too slow
> formatting... sigh. (-:

Actually, all versions of Lynx I use have some ability to deal with tables,
so a lot depends on how they look. I should check. :-) But Derek's last
tweak of Lynx/2 handles tables to a certain extent by using tabs, and the
two copies of Lynx/FM 2.6 I use on my shell accounts have somewhat weaker
table support (but handle frames!, sort of).

If there ends up being a serious usability problem, we'll just whine at ya
in the list here every hour on the hour until you change it. :-)

--
  -Rich Steiner  >>>--->  rsteiner@skypoint.com  >>>---> Bloomington, MN
                     Written online (ugh!) using pine!