Re: suoper kill file

walt moffett (walt@scott.net)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 20:03:28 -0500

pcrown@airmail.net (Phil Crown) wrote:

>Is there a way to kill all MIME messages in a group?

Try adding

header content-type
or
header mime

To the alt.binaries.bunny.foo.foo kill snippet or put in the all section.
>From what I've seen either or both of these words will be in the header.

>>The subject Re: line kills the crossposted flame wars and what not that
>>are infesting the binaries group. The other subject lines kill out web
>>site ads.
>
>It may also kill some articles that are actually binary posts, though
>most of the "Re:"'s subject are as you mentioned.

True especially in the alt.binaries.sound groups. Where a good thing
would be

alt.binaries.sounds.foo {
header alt.binaries.pictures
}

Anything posted to alt.binaries.pictures is killed. With kill files,
the best you can do is to minimize the amount of baby tossed with the
water.