Re: Read/Unread

From: Ben C. O. Grimm - Libertatis Praesidium NL - (BenGrimm@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 00:35:51 +0100

In article <wr43ykW2vfBB092yn@daina.bga.com>,
mikus@bga.com (Mikus Grinbergs) wrote:

> In article <MYv3y4hbPaFW092yn@xs4all.nl>,
> BenGrimm@xs4all.nl (Ben C. O. Grimm - Libertatis Praesidium NL -) wrote:

> > At this moment, the score files are processed when you enter a
> > newsgroup. This will happen every time you enter a newsgroup,
> > even if you have entered the group a dozen times before. This
> > takes up time and resources, and can be done more efficiently on
> > import.

> One advantage of the existing handling of score files is that the
> user can CHANGE the score file and then exit Yarn. Upon starting
> Yarn and entering the newsgroup again, the NEW score file will be
> applied. If score files were only processed at 'import', the
> effect of new/changed rules would not be applied to articles
> already in the database.

I understand that. But is that 'Typical User Behavior'? I
should emphasize that I start any import with a clean news base.
I run a full expire every time I'm done reading a news batch.
This is probably not 'TUB'.

------------ Ben C. O. Grimm -- Libertatis Praesidium NL ------------
Where a mind is closed, truth cannot enter.
BenGrimm@xs4all.nl ----- Home Page at: http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengrimm