Re: Error message when doing expire.

From: Joni Boren (jonib@tripnet.se)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 01:26:11 +0100

In article <O9y1ygHAA0dU092yn@y.z>, hello@see.my.sig (Tim Maddletun) wrote:
>>Assertion failed: blk.prev + free.size + sizeof(BlockHeader) == delOffset,
>>file ..\SPOOLFIL.CPP, line 235
>>ABNORMAL TERMINATION
>
>Not exactly a completely rare error around here. (-: I have my theories...
>I don't think it's related to yarnpack, i really don't...
>
>But run Yarnpack /I and see if it reports any errors. If not i'd risk
>another Yarnpack /P. (backup your yarn directory first if you have space).
>If you want to play it extra safe though, naturally "rebuild -s" will fix
>it...

Hello this is my first followup or post to this list but i have been reading
it for some time.

I have gotten the this error too after using YarnPack 1.0 [DOS] and Expire -r.

I have done some tests and it seems YarnPack misses to update someting, if i run
Rebuild -h right after YarnPack i don't get this error and everyting seems
to be OK.

And if you don't run Rebuild -h before Expire then Rebuild -ou seems to fix it
but you have to mark the messages as read again.

Does Rebuild -h reset the dates too.

Now for some requests for YarnPack
I would like to see the starting time of YarnPack, see how loong it's been
running and an estimated time it will finish.
And some way of stopping it when it has started i have an OLD PC (286) and it
took me 7 hours for a ~30MB news.dat file it only had 1.5MB hole so if i had
known it would take so loong i mai have wanted to stop YarnPack and run it
when it had a bigger hole.

The End.

Joni Boren