Re: VSoup1.2 problems & solutions

Hardy Griech (rgriech@ibm.net)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:52:22 +0200

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:07:45 +0200,
harry.mj@pip.dknet.dk (Harry M. Jensen) wrote:
:
> What does MET and MES stand for ? I have used the CET (Central
> European Time), this gives the SIGSEGV fault. My TZ line now says:
:

MET = middle european time (-1 hour offset to UTC)
MES = middle european summer time (-2 hours offset to UTC)

> SET TZ=
:

Which sets your time zone to UTC I think (UTC 0 hour offset ;-))

> ..and I just reset the variable to my normal setup when I use Yarn:
>
> SET TZ=CET-1DST,M3.5.0/2:00,M10.5.0/3:00
:

And this setting is one, the C library of emx09c does not like! I
suppose, you should set your TZ to 'set tz=CET-1DST' (Denmark seems to
have the same time zone settings like Germany...)

BTW: Do you know, which program sets the TZ to the value above?
Which programs understand that type of TZ setting?

--
Hardy Griech, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 25/1, D-72762 Reutlingen