Re: Souper hiways & byways

huug (huug@telebyte.nl)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:24:33 +0200

In <AueXyA1M1m4b091yn@sn.no> (read in lists.yarn),
james@sn.no (James Huang) wrote:
>Running Souper95 from an icon on NT 4 desktop where the the command line
>reads "SystemRoot%\System32\cmd.exe /K c:\bat\souper95.bat" I get quite
>a few error messages when sending mail. The error messages are
>
> souper: mailing to ListAdmin@lists.msn.com
> The name specified is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
> souper: mailing to listproc@IntNet.net
> The name specified is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>
>and the batch file is as follows
>
> @echo off
> echo Setting codepage to 850 ...
> CHCP 850
>
> echo Setting env variables for ...
> SET HOME=C:\HOME91
> SET YARN=C:\HOME91
> SET NNTPSERVER=nntp.sn.no
> SET MAILER=smtp.sn.no

Souper.doc sais:

MAILER Specify the command to execute to send mail. If this is not
set, then Souper sends the mail directly to the mail server
specified in the PPP/SLIP settings notebook.

I think cmd is trying to tell you smtp.sn.no isn't an executable in your
path...

--
Note: I reserve the right to publish or return unsolicited, harassing or
annoying (e-)mail.  /hy:X/                                  PGP keyID: DF28F4C1