Re: Delayed edit?

Chaoyang Liao (chyliao@ms3.hinet.net)
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 22:04:54 -0400

sew@televar.com (Steve Washam) wrote:
>I'm getting a little bit confused by the terms here. Replies
>really isn't a folder; its a subdirectory as you pointed out
>previously.
>One can copy a folder (being a file) into the Replies
>subdirectory and cause it to be named news or mail. Assuming the
>folder file structures are identical and also that Yarn is not
>relying on any other information then Yarn would create a packet
>from these (news and mail) folder files.
>
>I haven't tested it yet, but this would be an excellent solution
>if it works.

I just tried it. If you simply copy a file other than NEWS and MAIL
into the replies folder, yarn doesn't see it, even when a line has been
added in the REPLIES file . So I guess if you want to keep a hold folder,
you still have to write some batch file to juggle different zip files
around. Copying into the replies directory doesn't seem to be a good idea
since yarn cleans it up when it exits.

Personally I don't really need a hold folder. But I think the way
to do it is, as previously pointed out, to flag the message to be held.
To automate everything, a batch file is needed to convert a reply
message file into and from a simple text file. This means you have to
flag the messages, exit, and run the batch file. Embedded in the batch
file should be some utility program to find the flags, extract the
messages, and reform the message file into two separate ones. Can
SED do it? If not, I know a freeware utility that probably can, though
clumsily.