Re: Delayed edit?

Steve Washam (sew@televar.com)
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:47:14 -0400

OOPS! I just mailed an old post to the list while experimenting.
Sorry.

In article <GtaXyYamoMJa092yn@ms3.hinet.net>,
chyliao@ms3.hinet.net (Chaoyang Liao) wrote:

>sew@televar.com (Steve Washam) wrote:
>>I'm getting a little bit confused by the terms here. Replies
>>really isn't a folder; its a subdirectory as you pointed out
>>previously.
>>One can copy a folder (being a file) into the Replies
>>subdirectory and cause it to be named news or mail. Assuming the
>>folder file structures are identical and also that Yarn is not
>>relying on any other information then Yarn would create a packet
>>from these (news and mail) folder files.
>>
>>I haven't tested it yet, but this would be an excellent solution
>>if it works.
>
>I just tried it. If you simply copy a file other than NEWS and MAIL
>into the replies folder, yarn doesn't see it, even when a line has been
>added in the REPLIES file . So I guess if you want to keep a hold folder,
>you still have to write some batch file to juggle different zip files
>around. Copying into the replies directory doesn't seem to be a good idea
>since yarn cleans it up when it exits.

A line "added in the REPLIES file" is actually a file copied to
or created in the \HOME\REPLIES\ directory. Only a file named
"mail" or "news" will be processed into a packet.

I just sent an old message (unedited and unintended) by shelling
out and running the following dos command:

copy \home\mail\hold \home\replies\mail

When I exited Yarn the packet was created.

I wasn't able to use the save to folder function to add to or
create a \home\replies\mail folder because Yarn wants to stuff
(in my case) "D:\home\mail\" in front of any folder name. (Try
adding a path to the folder name and you will see what happens.)

Steve Washam
Walla Walla, Washington
sew@televar.com