Re: Setting up mailing list with Yarn

Debra Walker (debraw@wwa.com)
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 21:03:00 -0500

On Mon, 07 Oct 1996 21:06:24 -0400, in yarn.list,
article <QkaWyUQy8k2e091yn@execpc.com>,
bpaddock@execpc.com (Bob Paddock) wrote:

>I've yet to be able to get YARN.091 to let me send to
>multiple people with one alias.
>
>Any one know how to do it, and has had it work? I've seen
>several postings saying 'try this' but when I do they don't work.

I was able to use Yarn 0.91 to send mail to several people, using one
alias. All I did was create an alias (one word), and entered the email
addresses, each with a comma after it, and no space. So, for example,
if I create an alias called "Friends", then on the address(es) line, I
would enter:

john.doe@somewhere.com,jane.doe@yourplace.net,...etc.

While you are composing/editing the message, all you will see in the
To: header is the alias name. Once you upload the message, you can see
the list of names go by on the screen.

To create such an entry in the address book, just hit F2, and then your
Insert key when the next screen appears. In the dialog box, you just
type in an alias name on the top line, and the list of addresses, as
described above. When you are done, hit Enter, then the Escape key.
This works for me.

Debra Walker

--
Debra Walker         debraw@wwa.com