Re: Text Editors?

Arvo Henifin (ahenifin@popd.netcruiser)
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 14:17:36 -0400

jmdemps@ibm.net (J. Mark Dempsey) wrote:

>I am new to souper yarn for dos and win95 and am wondering which
>text editors are being used well with yarn and also yes version 0.20?
>I am basically trying to get something that works better than the
>editor that comes with dos.

Well, anything ASCII capable will work. It all depends what you like best.
With YES you get the option of setting up a spellchecker to run after the
actual editing is done, so you do not need an elaborate editor that includes
spell checking or other such bells and whistles.

In my opinion, the fast loading of the editor program itself is the most
important feature -- followed by the way the editor handles does block
marking and deleting. I also would insist that it do a reasonable job at
reformatting paragraphs following a mid-paragraph insert. Most editors do
word-wrapping, so that is not an issue any more. Anything more than that is
really gravy for e-mail.

I have started using Multi-Edit Lite for my Yarn e-mail work. It does all
that I want it to do and it is small enough to load pretty quickly. Again,
it really depends on what you feel comfortable with, but I just can't see
long with WordPerfect fro DOS 6.1, and wouldn't give it up for anything, but
it takes a noticible time to load up and Multi-Edit Lite just snaps onto the
screen when I need it.

Respectfully submitted this 4th day of October, 1996.

Arvo Howard Henifin, Esq.
Law Offices of Barr, Warner, Lloyd & Henifin
5859 Abercorn Extension, Building Number Two, Savannah, Georgia 31405 (USA)
Phone: (912) 352-8053 Fax: (912) 352-7140 Email: ahenifin@ix.netcom.com

Thought for the Day:
I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.