Re: Text Editors?

walt moffett (walt@scott.net)
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 18:50:41 -0400

jmdemps@ibm.net (J. Mark Dempsey) wrote:

>I am new to souper yarn for dos and win95 and am wondering which
>text editors are being used well with yarn and also yes version 0.20?
>I am basically trying to get something that works better than the
>editor that comes with dos.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>J. Mark Dempsey
>jademps@xc.org

Well, I'm quite happy with T, which comes in both DOS and OS/2
flavors, it quite easy to configure and at about 9K can be stuck just
about anywhere, that emergency boot disk etc.

Available as ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/os2_ews/tinyed.zip

Its free and quite useful for basic text mangling.

Another alternative would be pico from the dos pine distribution but I
refuse to use an editor that is bigger that the longest post I'll ever
make.

However, keep in mind that to many they are as protective about their
chosen editor as they are their daughter's virtue.