Re: [Fwd: Yarn95/Souper95]

From: Debra Walker (debraw@wwa.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 18:04:46 -0600

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:31:00 +1000,
in article <32E98C84.4143@dyson.brisnet.org.au>,
Michael Raiteri <mraiteri@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:

>Souper95 will connect to the mail server and download the mail with no
>problems however no matter what I do I can't get Souper95 to send any
>mail replies. The same situation exists for news. Everything downloads
>fine but I can't upload replies.
>
>When souper95 is sending the replies everything appears to be going fine
>but the message never reaches the address. (I have been sending myself
>test messages)

I run Souper95 via a Win95 shortcut that points to a BAT (batch) file.
Here is an excerpt from the BAT file:

cd yarn\souper16
echo "Uploading messages/articles..."
souper95 -s smtp.wwa.com
cd\
del d:\upload\wwar.zip

Please note the Souper95 command line above. You should use the "-s"
switch to send/upload mail and news messages (replies). Also, you
should put your SMTP server info on that line. For me, the server name
is smtp.wwa.com.

HTH.

Debra Walker

--