Re: [Fwd: Yarn95/Souper95]

From: Hans Nelisse (hneel@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:47:19 +0100

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:31:00 +1000,
Michael Raiteri <mraiteri@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:
>Souper95 will connect to the mail server and download the mail with no
>problems however no matter what I do I can't get Souper95 to send any
>mail replies. The same situation exists for news. Everything downloads
>fine but I can't upload replies.

I've had some problems with sending replies too. This is how I do it now:

set NNTPSERVER=news.xs4all.nl
c:\yarn\home\souper95.exe -s smtp.xs4all.nl hneel password

This will only send replies, it doesn't recieve mail and news. You don't
have to use the -n or -m switches. Or maybe I should say: you _must_ not
use them.
And you also should not use the MAILER= or POSTER= environment variables.

--
Hans Nelisse
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hneel/