Re: troubles with yarn092 / soup

From: walt moffett (walt@scott.net)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 09:47:19 -0600

In article <8Jizywe8BkTA092yn@hiscom.nl>, Ray Vermey <ray@bazis.nl> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i am new to yarn and soup and would like to ask the following questions:
>
>1) This morning i started soup to get my mail but didn't have the HOME
>variable defined. Now i end up with 0000000.msg in the soup dir but no
>areas file. How can i import the mail now ??

Put the set lines in the batch files you use and this problem won't happen
again.

To retrieve the area-less *.msg file, import -r 0000000.msg will do the
job.

>2) When uudecoding of a message fails there is this message.snd file
>hanging around probably locked cause the next uudecode attempt dies with
>a red screen telling it can't open messages.snd. I have to leave Yarn
>delete the file and try again.

Haven't seen this and have no advise. Wonder if you may have another copy
of yarn running? It can be real easy to overily click and have two-three
copies of a program running.

>3) In mail the 'lines' are not displayed

I think the problem here is that most mail messages don't have a lines:
header and so, Yarn don't know how long the mail message is.

>4) Is it possible to sort articles on linenumbers ?? In the midi group i
>always want to see the biggest articles first cause these are always the
>music files.
>

>From review of the docs, this is possible thru scoring, something like:

1 subject: \.mid
-9 pattern Lines: ^[0-2]$

in the newsgroup score file, would hide posts 2 lines or less and give
posts with .mid in the subject line a score of 1.

If you enable sort by score in home\yarn\config, these articles with a
subject line that includes .mid would on top.

You might also want to similarily score articles based on the from line.