Re: size of news.dat

From: walt moffett (walt@scott.net)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 09:37:26 -0600

In article <nRjzycun8DnE092yn@ibm.net>, rgriech@ibm.net (Hardy Griech) wrote:
>Is there any limitation for the size of the news.dat? Mine has about
>79MByte and import seems to take longer and longer - btw my
>supersed.pag does not only contain zeros.

Given that Yarn is a multi user news system, I would imagine that news.dat
will grow until it eats up all the disk space available.

The cure would be run expire after every import operation, set keep times
shorter and really think about some the groups you have.

If the expire routine is ever re worked, it would be nice to have a option
somewhere to set the max size of the news.dat.