Re: 'import -r' file format?

John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:12:42 -0400

on Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:05:57 +0100 (BST) Chris Green <cgreen@dircon.co.uk> in
<Pine.SCO.3.91.961023110228.10381B-100000@tdc.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
>Er, yes, but what format is this? It says rnews/UUCP but as far as I
>know thet implies no AREA file doesn't it? Also, does it understand a
>*single* large file in Unix mbox format, separated by From lines
>without a colon, or does it expect separate files?

It expects a single file wieh a #!rnews ... header for each article or a
UNIX mailbox format.

the #! rnews works quite well, but the UNIX mailbox format does not
because lots of folks don't properly escape the from lines and yarn
isn't very smart about figuring out whether its correct.

I am using .89, so maybe there has been some improvement, although I
haven't seen anything on here to indicate such.

--
         John Covici
          covici@ccs.covici.com