Re: ANNOUNCE: VSoup version 1.2 for OS/2 Warp

Michael Raiteri (mraiteri@dyson.brisnet.org.au)
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 20:13:48 -0400

jim.holcomb@pobox.com (Jim Holcomb) wrote:
>In article <x+uWycHfopPD092yn@dyson.brisnet.org.au>, Mike wrote:
>>jim.holcomb@pobox.com (Jim Holcomb) wrote:
>>>Merlin + emx09C + (vsoup1.1 or vsoup1.2) = :-(
>>>
>[snip]
>>Care to elaborate.
>[snip]
>>
>>Cheers
>>Mike
>
>First I receive SYS3175 and:
>
> Process terminated by SIGSEGV
> core dumped
> SYS1808:
> The process has stopped. The software diagnostic
> code (exception code) is 0005.
>
>Taking the option to display register information shows:
>
> A program generated an access violation at 1e54769e
> EMXLIBCM.DLL 0001:000769E
>
>... and other stuff ...
>
>This happens with VSoup1.1 and 1.2 and 09c
>
>09b and VSoup1.1 play nice
>
>09b and VSoup1.2 gives the "requires 09C" message and then gives me
>SYS3175 the same or similar to above.

As I don't run merlin I can't say but I would ask is it the official
Merlin GA and not the beta?

With emx09b, vsoup 1.2 gives me the error message emx09c required then
appears to proceed normally.

Afraid I'm not much help. One for Hardy :)

--
Internet:  mraiteri@dyson.brisnet.org.au <Michael Raiteri>
Fidonet:   3:640/305@fidonet