Re: ANNOUNCE: VSoup version 1.2 for OS/2 Warp

Phil Crown (pcrown@airmail.net)
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 04:04:17 -0500

>On Sun, 06 Oct 1996 21:29:17 +0000, jim.holcomb@pobox.com (Jim Holcomb) wrote:
>
>That's not a bug, that's funny, really funny! The VSoup1.1 beta has
>no problem with the command above, because there is a bug in the
>corresponding code - I've send something about it several days ago:
>VSoup1.1 does not ignore the '-i' switch, but the 1.2 version does!
>And now there is no way to tell VSoup1.2 the domain name other then
>using the 'internet settings'!. I never thought about that case...
>
>As a temporary fix, you should remove the '-i' switch from your
>command line. In a future version there will be a command line option
>for telling VSoup the domain name.

I don't understand, I was running v1.1beta with the '-i' switch, which
was ignored, but my %etc%\tcp???.ini file was 0 bytes. Where was it
getting the domain name from then?

This is probably why I can't send mail with v1.2.

vsoup -i -M -s smtp://mail.mymail.net nntp://userid:pass@news.mymail.net
Expecting SMTP 250 reply, got 501 HELO requires domain name as operand
Disconnecting from mail.mymail.net
vsoup: cannot connect to smtp gateway mail.mymail.net
vsoup: totally 161 bytes received, 17 bytes transmitted
vsoup: 1.3s elapsed, throughput 136 bytes/s

--
Phil Crown
pcrown@airmail.net