Re: 3 questions/problems/suggestions about v. 0.91

Michael Gray (LabRat@i-link.net)
Sat, 05 Oct 1996 10:46:26 -0500

In article <ElQVyIIel8SF092yn@worf.netins.net>,
phdss@worf.netins.net (Brett Tabke) wrote:
>>>Yes expire will eventually reduce the news.dat file. To reduce it
>>>immediately - run REBUILD to rebuild the spool file.
>
>>Thank you for the idea!

Don't forget this resets you expires date.

>It aint perfect, but if you surf some binary news groups, it is
>nothing to see 100-200 meg a week. On my little 150 megger, ever
>drop of space counts!

It's best to expire -r these. I've got an 850MB drive, and I still
run out of space WAY too quickly.

>>>The L and V commands will toggle between score and lines display.
>
>>That's not the problem. The problem is that the Lines-column is empty.
>>Actually your mail is the first mail since april, that has shown a
>>number in the Lines-column...?!
>>But thanks for the try.

Hmm, I didn't have a number in the Lines - a change between 0.91 and
0.92?

>Hmm, all of my Usenet article show the number of lines but not of
>the psuedo yarn msgs do...go figure. Ya, I just hit the L twice to
>toggle into lines display and there it is...

I think (ow, my head hurts) this may be the difference between 'R'eply
and 'F'orward a message in a pseudo-newsgroup. And, if you use Yes or
Yep as a shell may figure into this.

Sorry, no ideas here - I use a PPP connection with Vsoup to pick up my
mail/news packet.

--
* LabRat@i-link.net                  * Just because you're paranoid doesn't *
* Michael.Gray@1201.ima.infomail.com * mean they're not out to get you      *