Re: Help! Yarn doesn't import all mail!

A.R. & F.L. Scott-Thoennes (sthoenna@peak.org)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 19:52:10 -0700

In article <+4ZFyokI50HI091yn@cs.tut.fi>, s106275@cs.tut.fi (Anssi Saari) wrote:
>In article <Pine.3.89.9608130024.A7840-0100000@opus.vcn.bc.ca>,
>Sean Flynn <sflynn@vcn.bc.ca> wrote:
>:>
>:> Is there a way you can force Yarn to accept mail even though it thinks
>:>the mail doesn't have a message ID?
>
>Not that I know of, but addlines from yutil 0.4 can add a message-id to
>them. See http://www.vex.net/yarn/archive/yutil04.zip.

Addlines works great...except that it just does email, not news. I had
a problem with lots of missing message IDs in news when there were header
lines longer than 512 characters. uqwk would introduce spurious line
feeds into the headers causing yarn to think the message-id was part of
the message body.

A patch to uqwk is available at <http://shrine.cyber.ad.jp/~jwt/uqwk/>
that adds kill support via yarn-style score files. It also increases
the NNTP read buffer to 2048, which fixed most of my message-id problems.
The patch should be applied to the clean uqwk 1.8 source, available from
<ftp://ftp.gte.com/pub/uqwk/uqwk1.8.tar.Z>