Re: YARN versions? Any native Win95

From: Debra Walker (debraw@wwa.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:33:13 -0600

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 20:17:45 -0500, in yarn.list,
article <5Mt3ycHfolOU092yn@dyson.brisnet.org.au>,
mraiteri@dyson.brisnet.org.au (Michael Raiteri) wrote:

>I am intending to give Win95 a try. I know there is a file
>souper95.exe which I presume is a win95 version of souper.
>
>Can anyone tell me if there are any native win95 equivalents of
>YARN, FTE and YEP.

There is a version of Yarn that has been ported to Win95 called Yarn95.
I don't know anything about FTE, but I think that the YES program might
be considered as the DOS/Windows equivalent of YEP. I could be wrong
about the latter statement, though.

>As well what archiver does Win95 use to pack, add to and unpack the
>reply.zip file

Well, I use pkzip/pkunzip for that purpose. You could probably use
other archiving programs, as well, e.g. zip/unzip.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this helped, at least somewhat...

Debra Walker

--
Debra Walker        debraw@wwa.com