Re: message status

From: Pat & Carol Shanahan (pat@iquest.net)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:16:05 -0500

FROM: pstranc@execpc.com (Paul Stranc)
DATE: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:02:38 -0600
IN NEWSGROUP: list.yarn
SUBJECT: Re: message status

.. Actually I think there is a bug in all Yarn versions since 0.90 that
.. will mark all unread messages (status N) in a folder as O even if you
.. don't actually open the message before leaving the folder and then
.. come back later. I have actually used this to my advantage in the
.. past, but the folder I did this with is no longer used. If I were to
.. now leave the Yarn folder all of the unread messages remaining will
.. show up with a status of O.
..
.. --
.. Paul Stranc
.. pstranc@execpc.com

It is not a bug. "O" indicates OLD instead of "N" NEW. OLD means that
you have opened the folder but did not read the message. It will also
change to OLD if you start to read a message and do not finish (ie.. at
least advance to the last line of the message onscreen).

A = Answered
R = Read
N = New
O = Old (not new & not read)
D = Question Delete when exiting folder

--
  Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!
Pat & Carol Shanahan <pat@iquest.net>             from YARN/2 under MERLIN