Re: Kill file question

From: Hardy Griech (rgriech@ibm.net)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:15:03 +0100

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 07:28:17 -0500, jim.holcomb@pobox.com (Jim Holcomb) wrote:
> I have a line in my vsoup kill file that reads "Subject Sex" to filter
> out some of the junk in the newsgroups.
>
> In reviewing what was killed I noticed the subject "MSExchange" was
> bounced out.
>
> How can I kill articles with the word Sex but not articles where a word
> contains the letters sex in the middle?
:

There are several implementations of regexp() out! The one VSoup is
using knows nothing about word boundaries. In this case you have to
check for a leading blank. This could be accomplished with the regexp
"[ ]sex".

Same could be done for "suck", "fuck", "shit", "goddam", "god damn"
and so on. Btw "suck" and "fuck" could be abbreviated to the regular
expression "[sf]uck". Anyway the whole bunch could be abbreviated to
"[sf]uck|shit|goddam|god damn"...

--
Hardy Griech, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 25/1, D-72762 Reutlingen