Re: regular expression to kill Lines:

From: Hardy Griech (rgriech@ibm.net)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:45:44 +0100

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:36:57 -0600, pcrown@airmail.net (Phil Crown) wrote:
:
> I think I've tried this, but can't remember the results. It may work,
> but I was trying to do it in one line instead three.
:

Not sure if this is even possible with regular expressions (I am not a
theoretical computer scientist...). There are some extensions to
regexps which allow specification of an iterator, i.e. match the
preceding expression 1-3 times or so. With such a construct it would
be easy to obtain the effect you are desireing. Without, I doubt that
it is possible.

--
Hardy Griech, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 25/1, D-72762 Reutlingen