Re: Attachments etc.

Hardy Griech (rgriech@ibm.net)
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 09:47:52 +0200

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 10:44:48 -0700, jporter@vcn.bc.ca (Jim Porter) wrote:
> MANY THANKS MY REPLY NOTES ARE UPPER CASE, Jim
>
> >On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 16:54:12 -0700, jporter@vcn.bc.ca (Jim Porter) wrote:
> >> 1) have been comparing Yarn versus Nwerthy. When I send an attachment
> >> (in MIME) using nwerthy the recipient can translate it. When I send a Yarn
> >> attachment the same recipient cannot translate. I would appreciate a solution
> >> to this problem with yarn. I don't understand what a "key" and how it is used.
> > :
> >
> >This is perhaps a problem of the MIME content header. Yarn is a
> >little bit unspecific. Could you check the MIME headers and tell us
> >your findings?

As you can see, both attachments although of different file format
have the same Content-Type. With the content type the MIME decoders
assigns the corresponding action to a MIME text. Because they are
identical, the decoder has no chance to decode correctly!

I think this is something missing in Yarn: the assignment (perhaps
automagically) of the correct Content-Type depending on user supplied
information or the file extension - or at least the user should have a
chance to setup the content type manually...

BTW: where from does Nwerthy know the type of your data. Do you have
to enter it, if you are including an attachment?

PS: if your editor cant do 'include file' it is time for a change!
(I doubt, that it is not capable of doing that)

--
Hardy Griech, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 25/1, D-72762 Reutlingen