Re: Delayed edit?

Steve Washam (sew@televar.com)
Wed, 02 Oct 1996 01:06:15 -0400

Kevin Martin <cannon@nic.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Steve Washam wrote:
>
>> This is certainly quicker than my solution. The only weak point
>> here is that held articles are not segregated or flagged in any
>> way, so the user must remember what items in the mailed or posted
>> folder have not been sent.
>
>I don't have any particular problem with that; how much replying
>do you do, if I may be so bold?

It varies a great deal. Actually, I haven't been online for
most of the past six months. Prior to that I was moving quite a
bit of email and FIDO type BBS messages using OLX, which is just
a QWK packet reader, but with a really functional inbox/outbox
setup.

>> Also, I believe in Dos Yarn the replies are sent (out of Yarn)
>> when the program is exited, so replies is not a place to save
>> anything from session to session.
>
>Depends on how you define a "session." The stuff in the outbox
>gets sent when you upload it, not until.

Forgive the ambiguity. By "session" I was meaning to describe
when the program yarnx.exe is active.

You are right. I did not realize it is the replies packet which
is being edited when one selects "Replies." I had mistakenly
assumed it was some sort of temporary folder.

I am very new to Yarn, having about three weeks experience, so I
will be happy to learn from those who know better.

But I still think it would be nice to have an an outbox capable
of holding replies.

>> WISH LIST: INBOX/OUTBOX folders with New/Sent/Hold/Keep flags
>> and expiration based on date (for non-Keep flag).
>
>Gad, that sounds awfully complicated. IMHO, as always.

What is the old proverb about a long journey beginning with a
single step? :)

--

Steve Washam Walla Walla, Washington sew@televar.com