Re: yarn and distribution lists

Steve Wright (saw@exo.com)
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 14:53:57 -0700

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996 18:57:43 +0900,
"tdb@delta1.deltanet.com (Tom D. Baccanti)" wrote:

>Is there a way to use a distribution list with yarn? there was
>a post a few days ago regarding this but I saw no answers to it.

Warning: I have never actually done this. But here is part of one of my
many archived yarn msgs. I abreviated this a bit - the original must
have nearly 15 addresses listed under one alias. I assume this still
works with newer versions... this was for v .78 or so.

I'm not sure if it matters, but this guy had previous addresses lines
separated by one blank line before the 'rars=' line.

------------- pasted msg followed -------------------------
Here's part of my addrbook file [I created the list with qedit, not yarn].
The alias is rars, and the message will be sent to the list that follows
the alias.

rars=Abaddon <abaddon@wolf359.kiwi.gen.nz>,\
Ron Adams <radams@sdt.com>,\
David Bedford <D.Bedford@redmire.demon.co.uk>,\
Gordon Bell <gordonb@aisb.ed.ac.uk>

saw@exo.com (Steve Wright) <-> Orange, CA
... Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in
terror, and you would not have been informed.