Re: Souper95 Stupidity

Debra Walker (debraw@wwa.com)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 18:21:48 -0500

In article <1.5.4.32.19960807204947.00664560@user.interactive.net>,
Mark Weinstock <woody@interactive.net> wrote:

>ok.. I now claim the honor of moron of the day. I figured out why souper95
>wasn't working.. well, not really,but I figured out how to make it work. I
>was simply issuing the souper95 -s command. No additional info. I just tried
>souper95 -s %smtp% %uid% %pass% and it worked.

AFAIK, there is no need to feel bad. I, too, use souper95. At first,
I had to stumble along, especially with that particular command,
before I figured it out. Actually, in my BAT file, I now just use
souper95 -s %stmp%, and it works for uploading any news/mail replies
that I have. Perhaps, it works because of its placement in my BAT
file (towards the end). See, I retrieve (download) news and mail
first, then I upload replies.

Anyway, it is good to see that you found the answer to your problem.

>Sorry to bother everyone with my idiocy <g>

No bother here :)... Any ideas that can be given for Souper95 would
certainly seem to be welcome here, judging from the questions that
crop up periodically. As a matter of fact, I think that your
discovery might help another user who has posted here (Zachary, are
you listening?).

Debra Walker

--
Debra Walker         debraw@wwa.com