Re: Problems with Souper95

Zachary Ethridge (zacketh@cris.com)
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 13:23:52 -0400

In article <1.5.4.32.19960807153558.0067deac@user.interactive.net>, you wrote:
>I'm writing this using (ugh) Eudora, since I keep getting a number of GPFs
>(or whatever
>Wi95 likes to call them) when I run souper95 -s. The dumps of the errors are
>below.
>I've tried a number of things, form restarting the machine, to reinstalling
>windows. Any suggestions?
>
>Mark

Well Mark, I can't be sure but those errors look familiar. I set up a batch
file which seemed to solve those errors. Unfortunately Souper95 still won't
upload my posts, though email works fine. When I upload a post Souper95 returns an error "Bad command or
file name" and no post goes out.

set packet=c:\tcpip\soup\upload.zip
SET HOME=c:\TCPIP\SOUP
set nntpserver=news.concentric.net
set nntp=news.concentric.net
set smtp=smtp.concentric.net
set pop3=pop3.concentric.net
set mail=mail.concentric.net
c:
cd\tcpip\soup
pkunzip -o %packet%
souper95 -s pop3.concentric.net zacketh <password>
del %packet%
souper95 pop3.concentric.net zacketh <password>
cd yarn
pkzip -m c:\tcpip\yarn\soup_z.zip areas *.msg
cd\tcpip\yarn
expire -o
import95 soup_z.zip

Anyway, hope it helps...