Re: Heretical question

Ken Gresham (kgresham@america.net)
Fri, 02 Aug 1996 21:43:01 -0400

In article <2.2.32.19960731045022.00685d88@nyx.net>, you wrote:
>I've been a long-time DOS holdout, with YARN being my most-used and favorite

>I"m now using eudora for mail. I was wondering if there was any way to
>convert my yarn files to eudora-readable.

Why stop using yarn just because you're using Win95? It runs perfectly
well in a DOS window on my system. Using a PPP connection, I telnet into
my shell account, package my mail and news with uqwk using OLMenu as an
interface (ftp.america.net/pub/offline_readers/olmenu/olmnu117.zip), and
transfer it via ftp. No problems at all, and I still get to use my
favorite newsreader! Yarn95 gives yarn some of the advantages of the
Windows 95 system (long filenames, etc.).

Ken Gresham
kgresham@america.net