Re: Get News Groups v0.04 for OS/2

Albert Y.C. Lai (trebla@io.org)
Fri, 02 Aug 1996 10:49:28 -0400

In article <zyFAyo3qBqIe091yn@airmail.net>,
pcrown@airmail.net (Phil Crown) wrote:
>YACL is overkill for this project, I had it compiled, and it ended up
>about 300k. Now, it won't compile at all, but I'm still working on it.
>:-)

The reason YACL (or any GUI library) is needed is that, Win95 and WinNT
insist that every program has a GUI.

Ok, you can build a program to be run at a DOS prompt (like, don't call
any Win* API function, don't start with WinMain), but then, Win* will
treat it as a DOS program, and give it 16:16 addressing. And you will
call it a DOS program too, not a Win* program.

I may be wrong in some of the above. Please correct.

--
Albert Y.C. Lai   trebla@io.org   http://www.io.org/~trebla/