Re: more then 1 user om MSDOS + questions

From: Mark Landers (mlanders@netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:24:33 -0500

In article <AeB4ygHAAQoO092yn@y.z>,
hello-yarners@see.my.sig (Tim Meddletyn) wrote:
:Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:42:10 +0100 (MET), Ray Vermey <rvermey@bazis.nl> wrote:
:>BTW: isnt there a way in Yarn to translate emailaddresses like yours to the
:>'normal' email addresses ?
:
:An interesting idea. Though being the capricious bastard I am it
:wouldn't do much good in dealing with me seeing as i tend to use
:random elements in many places, and get bored and change certain
:things around often.
:
:I suppose the closest one could get to your suggestion would be OS/2
:users of YEP... they could theoretically set up a bunch of header
:rules...
:
:but they'd have to watch for this and go up and manually delete the
:original To: header that yarn generated... er... far from ideal
:solution to that puzzle, highly impractical, etc etc...
:
:Interesting idea though...
:

Bad idea! All the email advertisers are looking for a program that will
replace a deliberately altered "From:" line with a line from a sig. If
anybody's working on Ray's idea, please don't.

--
     Mark Landers       |      The object of opening the mind
  mlanders@netcom.com   |  is to close it again on something solid
      http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2034/candy.html