Re: YARN versions? purge and pack...

From: wmcs (wmcs@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 01:28:06 -0800

levinel@mail.tidepool.com (Larry Levine) wrote:
>Thanks for your response.
>
>You wrote on Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:21:54 -0800:
>
>>There is no actual packing utility for Yarn. Expire does for what it was
>>intended, rebuild does what is intended but also will shrink the
>>news.dat file if you apply the -s switch ...
>
>Ahhh, so I was actually doing the the right thing -- for this version of
>YARN (0.92). You have said elsewhere that the latest version of YARN
>lacks some of its previous packing functionality.

>>http://www.io.org/~tm/files/ynpack10.zip
>>http://www.io.org/~tm/files/nnign22.zip
>
>Disk space is not an issue (yet) -- but I downloaded everything that didn't
>seem OS/2 specific. I may not actually need the stuff, but figure it
>provide some insight into YARN's abilities/problems. (Every little bit of
>documentation helps.)
>
>>Need to know any more? (-:
>
>Is there a way to have the "Date:" field display in the article selection
>lists? :^)

Not that I am aware of ...

=================== Part of quoted message from author of yarnpack ......

================== .............................. endquote ...
>Sorry about the hassles at your organisation.
>
>Good luck.

The above >> ===== was part of the quote I had included in the original
message from the author of YarnPack.exe ... He explains some of the
aspects of the yarnpack program ...

>p.s (A local surplus merchandise store is selling warp-red for $27 US.
>Should I buy it? If I need to ask, does that mean I probably don't need

I think this kind of decision depends on what kind of software you
(would) plan to use ...