Re: REQ: display and allow modifying From: header

From: A.R. & F.L. Scott-Thoennes (sthoenna@peak.org)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 21:55:04 -0800

In article <GMZ1yUNOfONd092yn@wwa.com>, debraw@wwa.com (Debra Walker) wrote:
>On Wed, 08 Jan 1997 22:28:12 -0600,
>in yarn.list,article<cPH1ygB7C9zb092yn@scott.net>,
>walt@scott.net (walt moffett) wrote:
>
>>Also look at the mail filters, a rule deleting any mail with floodgate or
>>cyber sender in the header has lowered my blood pressure as has a rule
>>that deletes mail with a ! in the subject line, the result is a leaner
>>inbox.
>
>This is a good option, also. However, I am using procmail, and that
>pretty much takes care of things. At least, with known abusive sites,
>I don't have to download the junk.
>
>>A study of the UCE headers posted on news.admin.net-abuse.misc and email
>>can be quite helpful too.
>
>It sure can. You can get a good idea of what might be heading your
>way.

Way down on my list of things to think about someday is a "port" of
procmail to replace yarn's incoming mail filter program. It obviously
wouldn't be possible to provide some of procmail's functionality, but
message deletion, folder routing, running external programs would be
nice. Anyone want to take this on?