Re: SOUPER summary question

From: Robert P. Rush (bobr@mcs.com)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 15:43:09 -0600

Hi,

On Sat, 04 Jan 1997 14:01:03 -0800,
In article <fMtzyob33bDc092yn@usa.net>,
cthulhu@usa.net (Cthulhu) wrote:
> Hello, fellow Yarners!
>
> My question being: Is there any way that I can use summaries created by
> SOUPER 1.6 B8 to retrieve posts/messages from a newsreader? I know that
> I can use the SCORE file to kill messages using SOUPER, but sometimes
> there's the need to download almost everything and then decide what to
> really read.
>
> Can I feed SOUPER created summaries to UQWK? Has anyone tried this? Will
> the ability to retrieve messages from summaries through SOUPER ever
> become a reality.

It is already possible to retrieve messages from a SOUP summary packet
using Souper. I've written a program to do just that called "bus".
It will work with either uqwk or Souper. It is available from my ftp
area at <http://www.mcs.net/~bobr/ftp-dir.html>,
<ftp://ftp.mcs.com/mcsnet.users/bobr/bus-013.zip>, or
<ftp://oak.oakland.edu/SimTel/msdos/offline/bus-013.zip>.

While I haven't tried it, you should be able to request news articles
from uqwk based on summary packets from Souper and vice-versa.

bob

--
Bob Rush                    | eschew obfuscation
bobr@mcs.com                |

Egotist, n.: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me. -- Ambrose Bierce