Re: help for sick yarn

Debra Walker (debraw@wwa.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 17:31:50 -0500

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 05:18:37 +0900, in yarn.list,
tdb@delta1.deltanet.com (Tom D. Baccanti) wrote:

>any ideas how to fix this error message?
>
> 3 c:\uka\yarn\news.dat: read error
>
>the message subject lines are there but when I try to read the
>mesatges I am gettng a read error all the time. what should I
>run or replace to fix?

You did not give a lot of background information here, i.e. what OS you
use, etc. But, I will just try to take a stab at this :)...

Have you had a system/program crash while in Yarn, or something?
Perhaps, your news.dat file became corrupt, as a result. Try running
rebuild from the command prompt, and see what happens. There are
several switches/options to use. Maybe, using that command might
recover the file.

I hope that helps.

Debra Walker

--