Re: Windows Editor

Jose Ribeiro Pena (jribeiro@joinnet.com.br)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:07:11 -0200

In article <kyaXyQQI8B/K092yn@dorsai.org>, Steve_Coletti wrote:
>In article <aEDWyMrcFvbM091yn@joinnet.com.br>,
>jribeiro@joinnet.com.br (Jose Ribeiro Pena) wrote:
>>I would like to use a Windows text editor with Yarn95. For example,
>>Notepad or WordPad. It works OK if I don't use the charset ISO-8859-1.
>>Because I need to write in my mother language, Portuguese, having
>>ISO-8859-1 is very important for me.
>You can use a Windows editor, I'm using Wordpad right now as a test
>myself. I use windows 95 and when the Windows program exits, DOS jobs
>are minimized and I have to click it to get Yarn back. I don't know
>what happens under Windows 3.1.

With plain ASCII text there's no problem as I mentioned in my previous
post. The problem occurs with ISO-8859-1 characters. I think Yarn
translates the Windows codes (I believe they are the same as ISO-8859-1)
generated by WordPad or any other Windows editor as they were CP850.

Am I correct? Is there a way to inhibit this "translation"?

TIA

Jose' Ribeiro Pena Neto jribeiro@pobox.com
Belo Horizonte, MG - Brasil http://www.geocities.com/WallSreet/3701