Re: ANNOUNCE: Souper version 1.6 beta 1

Lou Verdon (lverdon@julian.uwo.ca)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 19:37:44 -0400

In article <iJRIyc6r371O092yn@io.org>, you wrote:
>Souper is a network mail and news client program which creates a SOUP
>packet from mail and news fetched from a POP3 server and NNTP server
>respectively. It can also send messages in SOUP reply packets.
>
>Changes:
>
>- Added Original AUTHINFO support.
>
>- Replaced kill file with Yarn-style score file.
>
>The package is available from http://www.vex.net/yarn/archive/soup16b1.zip.
>It includes OS/2 and Windows 95 executables.

Thanks Chin! ..great news for many of us who's servers require authentication

I seem to be able to authenticate all right with the server, but Souper_16
does not seem to pass the posted message. This reply is "mailed" with the
same configuration to the same server (authentication not required for mail).

dialog ( OS/2 CMD session )
==========8<----------------------
[D:\home]unzip -o \home\ioxr.zip
Inflating: news.msg
Extracting: replies

[D:\home]del \home\ioxr.zip

[D:\home]souper -s
souper: Posting article to uwo.test
Sent AUTHINFO USER lverdon to newshost.uwo.ca
281 Ok

contents of newsauth

newshost.uwo.ca lverdon paswrd (with space and linefeed after <paswrd>)

contents of score (Empty)

I hate to bother Chin, so... Can anyone else tell me if I am overlooking
something?

Lou