Re: Get News Groups v0.04 for OS/2

Jens Pongratz (pongratz@uni-freiburg.de)
Sun, 04 Aug 1996 00:35:56 +0200

Phil Crown wrote:

> >Any chance of seeing a Windows (or Win95) version? This is something
> >that I have to call in and use UQWK for. Using UQWK isn't a hassle
> >but having a PPP-program to do the same thing would be nice.
>
> I would have liked to make it portable, but I don't have never done any
> Windows programming, and I don't have any TCP/IP libraries or socket
> routines, or a compiler for Windows.
>
> hmmm... if I'd have used YACL (Yet Another Class Library) it would be
> much more portable, Win, OS/2 and Unix, I think.
>
> I'll see what I can do, but I still don't have any TCP/IP libs for DOS,
> Win, etc...
>
> Anybody interested in helping port this? It shouldn't be too difficult,
> I'll just have to download YACL (again). :-) All that should be needed
> is the socket routines, libs and someone to complile it for Windows.

Some time ago, I wrote some code for Souper to receive all groups. It
worked, but I never added a command line parameter for this function. This
should be easy and if someone is motivated I can mail the patches I did.
I think it's the best way to include this feature directly in Souper and
not in another utility.

Jens

--
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.